Thursday, May 3, 2012

What's New from Author @GailGMartin May 2012 #michlit

What's New? 
From Author 
Gail  Gaymer Martin 
May 2012


May is here already and I ask myself where has time gone. Because of our mild winter, flowers bloomed very early this year and the flowering trees have almost come and gone. My poor magnolia had only a few days of flowers before a nighttime cold snap turned them brown, but I was able to get a photograph of the fragile blossoms.

Life has been chaotic with finishing the last novel, Her Valentine Hero, and then working on the new proposal. In the process, my agent has been contacting editors regarding my women's fiction novels and I've been working on preparing those to send him. As well, my next novel, A Dream Of His Own, is being released and I've been involved in blog interviews and other types of promotion for the book. All of this takes time as you can imagine. The proposal still needs work but it's getting there. The longer it takes the longer it will be for a new novel to be released after the one coming out this February 2013.




This month I enjoyed seeing Titanic: The Musical at the tremendous community theater in our area. I've had season tickets for about thirty years. I also attended a women's tea fundraiser for the Women's Foundation of Southfield. This organization aids working women with various kinds of help when they run into a financial problem. They also provide clothing for women who have job interviews but not the business attire needed. It's very worthwhile and I'm happy to be a charter member. I'm also teaching a class online on Plotting. These courses help newer authors learn the art of creating a good story that grabs a reader and holds on.

Last month I told you about wonderful surprise when I received copies of the new Love Inspired trade book with actual large print for people with limited sight or those with other eye problems, and I've learned there are people without eye problems who enjoy reading the larger size book. It's attractive, but costs more. Please spread the word to people who might want the much larger print.



 


I love to read but when I'm writing it's more difficult. That doesn't stop me though. I try to find moments here and there to enjoy a good novel. At this time, I'm reading a wonderful story, Home Front by Kristin Hannah, that really touches my heart.

 

Near the end of this month my new release, A Dream Of His Own, will be in bookstores and online as a paperback, Kindle, Nook and other ebook readers. Please look for it. It's Ava's story, and as I mentioned before, it answers the question running throughout the books. Who is the lone donor to the Dream Come True Foundation. . .and why?

Wishing you blessings.




Dreams Come True 

 

 

Book 1

A Dad Of His Own 

Love Inspired
March 2011  

Order Here

 

 

Book 2

A Family Of Their Own

Love Inspired
September 2011

Order Here

 

 

Book 3

A Dream Of His Own

Order Here

Love Inspired
June 2012

 

 


STILL AVAILABLE   

Dad In Training           Click here to purchase 

Groom In Training      Click here to purchase

Bride In Training         Click here to purchase

Monterey Memories    Click here to purchase 

Christmas Gifts          Click here to purchase

_____________________________________________________________________________

2012 APPEARANCES, TRAVEL AND EVENTS

April 23 - May 14 - Plodding or Plotting? Teaching an online class for PPF Chapter of RWA.

June 22 & 23 - American Christian Writers Conference, Grand Rapids, MI. Ramada Plaza Hotel, 3333 28th Street SE. http://www.acwriters.com/       Hit Conference tab, then Grand Rapids.


RECIPE

This recipe came from my niece in California. It's is a simple meal and so delicious. The tortilla chips add a unique corn flavor to the dish. I often simmer the chicken in water and then use the fresh broth rather than canned.

Chicken Casserole

4 Cups Tortilla chips
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Cup chopped onion
1 Can cream of chicken soup
2/3 Cup tomato with chilies (I use Salsa)
1-1/3 Cup chicken broth
4 Cups cooked chicken, shredded.
2 Cups grated American cheese

Sauté onion in oil. Add soup, tomatoes and
broth. Simmer 5 mins.

In casserole layer 1/2 chicken, 1/2 chips,
1/2 sauce and 1/2 cheese. Repeat

Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Serves 6 - 8


GAIL'S FREE BOOK CONTEST DRAWING

The winner of the May free autographed book and small gifts is Jane Squires from Missouri. The free book drawings are held six times a year: January, March, May, July, September, and November, offering you six opportunities to win, but you must sign the guestbook for each drawing. The next drawing will be in July, so please drop by www.gailmartin.com and look in the boxed area for the Read and Sign My Guestbook. I love to hear from you.


SHARE THIS NEWSLETTER

If you have friends or family who love to read, please share this newsletter, and invite your friends to subscribe for all the monthly news.


DO YOU HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS?

When you change email addresses, please don't forget to re-subscribe to this newsletter with your new email address. You can delete the old or you can let it stay and it will be deleted automatically by Ezine Director who manages my newsletter account.

FAITH THOUGHT

Times come when we don't know where to turn. Sometimes the people who've hurt us are loved ones, and we can't talk about the problem with them. Being hurt or frustrated leads nowhere, and yet as humans we feel the emotions that God has given us. I try to remember that when bad times come, we can then rejoice knowing the good times are God's gift to us. But God offers many gifts that we sometimes forget in our feelings of defeat, and it is Him we can turn to when we feel lost or depressed or confused. We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.

In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you. Psalm 33:20-22

May the Lord's blessings and unfailing love lift you up.

  Gail  

                           

                                                                                                                                             

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe for Daily Updates

Subscribe to motownwriters

Free to join | Connect | Network!