|On February 2nd, 2012 Irene Watson and Victor R. Volkman spoke with |
educational publisher and marketing guru Arianne McHugh. She is the
President and Co-Owner of Saddleback Educational Publishing. She has
revamped Saddleback into the country's largest publisher of
high-interest, low readability material. Saddleback kicks off its 30th
anniversary with thirteen Young Adult Library Services Association
(YALSA) Quick Picks for Reluctant Readers (2012) for its series, Urban
Underground. She took the time to educate on several important aspects
of the industry including:
* What is educational publishing exactly?
* What is a high-interest, low readability book and who is the market?
* How does an author write for educational publishers (versus the trade)?
* What are the relationships you use to sell books and keep customers?
* How does an author market themselves to educational publishers?
* As an author, how do you stay relevant in this industry?
* What is one thing you get asked all the time?
Download the f-ree podcast at http://tinyurl.com/amchugh
Authors Access: 30 Success Secrets for Authors and Publishers http://authorsaccess.com/success-secrets
Follow Us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/vvolkman
Monday, February 6, 2012
[PODCAST] Arianne McHugh - Writing and Publishing Educational Books VIA @vvolkman
Posted by Sylvia Hubbard at 9:04 AM