Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Updates from SSW Magazine via @sswmag



SSW Magazine



The Peaceful Poetic Place

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 06:45 PM PST

February is Black History Month, a time when individuals come together to celebrate the accomplishments of the many African Americans that contributed significantly to the building and molding of our great nation. In addition to celebrating the many accomplishments of Black Americans many others also take the time to celebrate and acknowledge the love of [...]

The Reason Why I Smile

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 06:32 PM PST

by Soltreu Garrett Life is a fascinating journey filled with lessons to be learned, love to be had, and wisdom to be gained. One thing I am learning from my journey of life is my experiences can be my triumph or downfall. My life's story could have easily caused a negative turning point or an [...]

Poetically Speaking Detroit: "Trouble Don't Last Always"

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 06:30 PM PST

Poetry House Entertainment and Ke Event Designs present: Poetically Speaking Detroit: "Trouble Don't Last Always" ONE NIGHT ONLY! Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Boll Family YMCA Theater 1401 Broadway, Detroit, MI Come out and enjoy a night of poetry in a way you have never experienced. Bear witness to ten amazing [...]

Danyell "Soltreu" Garrett, Novelist

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 06:17 PM PST

I recall from watching early episodes of American Idol (No, I'm not a fan) the show would put on all those people who could not sing. And I remember telling others, you couldn't pay me a million dollars to get in front of a national audience and embarrass myself like that. I used to say [...]

7 Ways Friends Can Support Your Book (and How to Ask for Their Help)

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 06:00 PM PST

Courtesy of Build Book Buzz I recently read an article that detailed seven ways people could support their author friends. It was well-done and offered the type of specific information I'm always looking for, but honestly, it felt a little…well…self-centered. I mean, really, am I supposed to expect my friends to ask me how they [...]

American Christian Writers – Detroit

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 06:00 PM PST

If you're looking to start the year off right and get a heads up on your writing career the opportunity is fast approaching. American Christian Writers – Detroit is holding its first meeting of 2012. This is the year for you to start your new book project or learn how to promote your published book. [...]

A Self-Publishing Success Story

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 09:45 AM PST

I wanted to follow up on what Andrew said about the book publishing industry. I also kind of hate traditional publishing, for my own selfish (but still valid!) reasons. I wrote a book a few years ago that was basically a comical gay travel memoir of Tokyo. After finishing a first draft of the manuscript, [...]

Saturday Night Poetry Reading Wows Listeners At Eric's I've Been Framed

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 09:45 AM PST

To say that "Eric's I've Been Framed" is an oasis in an urban jungle would be an understatement in my opinion. This little known gem in the black community houses some of the best art and memorabilia in Detroit that chronicles the black experience. Among its many gems is a framed copy of an original [...]

30 Day Notice – More Than Just a Book Signing

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 09:30 AM PST

"I lived in a house where there were no guns that I could see, how quick and easy that would've been. I remember feeling so alone. I couldn't tell my friends about what was going on inside of me; I couldn't even explain it to myself. All I knew was that I had been feeling [...]

The Value of Publicity

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 09:30 AM PST

I'm J.A. Konrath. People consider me to be one of the mouthpieces of the self-publishing movement. As such, I often get interviewed. I've been mentioned in the Wall Street Journal, the LA Times, the Washington Post, Forbes, Newsweek, USA Today, etc. You'd think all of this publicity has led to increased sales of my ebooks. [...]
You are subscribed to email updates from SSW Magazine




No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe for Daily Updates

Subscribe to motownwriters

Free to join | Connect | Network!